Saturday, August 31, 2013

Batik Popsicle Sticks Quilt

pop4

This is Phyl’s Popsicle Sticks quilt and she used a Bali pop to make the top.  When she mentioned that this quilt is a gift for an elderly woman I suggested we used Dream Puff batting as it is light and fluffy but warm.  The panto we chose was Chantilly Lace and the thread was a purple King Tut for the top  and purple Bottom Line on the backing.

pop1 pop2

Phyl also asked me to dye the backing for her quilt so I finally got to use my new dyeing space.   It was so fun making a mess down in the crawlspace and not in my kitchen!

pop3

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Chantilly Lace is the perfect panto for this lovely quilt.

    sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so found of batiks, but this quilt is very beautiful! It sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looks good. Love the positive colors. Good job.

    Useful link: Gagnon Levesque

    ReplyDelete