Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Alternate Routes #3

lynn7
This is Lynn’s Alternate Routes quilt and she chose one of the layouts in our pattern.  She liked this layout as it had a Aztec feel and that is what her two batiks fabrics reminded her of.  I quilted it with the Dazzle panto and used Dream Blend batting.   It is nice to see that this pattern is still selling well on our Etsy and Craftsy sites, you can find the pattern here.
lynn9lynn8
With all the snow that has fallen in the last week on top of a thin 4 inch layer of ice, throw in one warm day and we have a big slushy mess in our bay.  Holes in the ice were forming, you can see one in the second photos to the right, so the water was just percolating up onto the ice.  I took the quilt pictures on Sunday and the ice pictures Monday, amazing what a difference a day can make!    Don’t think I’m going to get my pretty ice rink this year but I’m not giving up hope yet.
messicemess

5 comments:

  1. don't give up on that rink yet...i love those photos of the like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have the best setting for quilt photos that I've ever seen! Wonderful light, and you can't beat that backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn's color combination is really sharp. Good choice on the layout. Love it!

    ReplyDelete