Saturday, December 7, 2013

Modern Stack and Whack

mel2

This is Melanie’s Stack and Whack quilt, her first large bed quilt.   She used very modern, bold colors and I really like the impact of the black Irish Chain sashing.  The print fabric has butterflies in the design so we decided on Butterfly Charm for the panto.   I used Dream Poly black batting though she brought a 100% cotton batting, I knew that would cover the black backing with light coloured lint so she agreed to the switch.  I used green thread on the top and backing and that really showed off the quilting design on the black backing!

mel5mel3mel1

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove it! so beautiful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the nicest stack and whack I have ever seen.
    Great quilting too!!
    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks sparkly! What a wonderful mix of colors! Great quilting again Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that butterfly panto, and the colors in this quilt are so pleasing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete