Monday, September 29, 2014

Wishes

charm4

This summer I had purchased a fat quarter bundle of the Wishes collection from Road 17 N in Winkler and this weekend I decided to make a few baby quilts with them.   I used a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman called Charm Squares Quilt Redux and you can download the pattern for free here.   I had 15 fat quarters and made 3 Charm quilts plus had enough extra fabric to run through my Go Cutter using the Isosceles Triangle die and made a fourth.   I used Kona Snow for the background and backing.

charm5

I quilted two with wavy lines and two with swirls.   Used Quilters Dream Blend batting and off white So Fine thread.

Each Charm quilt is made with 5 different fat quarters and the Triangle quilt is made with scraps from all three quilts.

charm1charm2charm3charms

4 comments:

  1. All of the quilts turned out really pretty. Some babies and mommies are going to be very happy! My favorite is the first one... I love those prints together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look awesome but I have to say that the triangle quilt is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I'm partial to the triangles too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great. I've used that pattern too and it is really easy plus the end result is nice.

    ReplyDelete