Wednesday, January 6, 2016

First Snow Dyeing of 2016


It has been awhile since I played with some Snow Dyeing so I fixed that last night!  If your new to my blog Snow Dyeing is a dyeing technique and you can read about it in my tutorial here.   For this 1 metre piece of fabric I used the liquid dye method and two colours of dyes.   I mixed 1 tsp of Slate Blue in 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of Soft Brown in 1 cup of water and poured/drizzles it over the snow. I left it over night in my basement and by morning all the snow had melted and I washed up the fabric to reveal this!




I'm always so excited to see the final piece of fabric with all the wonderful textures in it.  The reds in the brown dye really come forward.


5 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful!!! That technique always has such interesting outcomes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is so pretty! We have had snow on the ground now for almost a month.... and more is coming - I need your tips on how to survive!! I might have to look into that snow dying if it keeps up like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful. I love the colours. Very dramatic an unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crystal shapes left behind - very inspiring and the colours are lovely. One day I may attempt dying my own fabric - although no snow here in the south of England (yet)!

    ReplyDelete