Saturday, January 6, 2018

Global Migration Quilt

gm1

Back in June I quilted Marlene’s Global Migration quilt that she was pattern testing for Anne who had written the pattern.  Anne asked that I not blog about it until it was published in a magazine and this week it is now in Make Modern Magazine, Issue 20!  You can get a peak at the issue here and see Anne version that she beautifully quilted herself!   She also posted pictures of hers on her Instagram @plaidnuthatch

gm2

After seeing how Anne quilted hers I told Marlene we should do something different and she suggested feathers!  I was more than happy to quilt flowing feathers and they went so well with the pieced flying geese.  I used white So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

gm3gm4gm5gm6

Sorry for all the pictures but I really miss that view making it hard to limit the pictures!

gm7gm10

Bet you didn’t expect to see anymore pictures from Schist Lake.   Well my next post will have some pictures from there too! 

gm11

8 comments:

  1. Schist Lake, no snow there!!! I love those geese, and the quilting is a super finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat quilt, the quilting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this is a pretty quilt, and very aptly named.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and so suitable for the geese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I knew you were going to miss that view! This is a great design, and your quilting is beautiful on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE this quilt pattern- might have to be put on the to-do list
    gorgeous quilting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to avoid flying geese, due to them turning out wonky, but I might have to find a new technique for them and make this quilt! It's a great pattern and I like the swirling feathers you quilted. Schist Lake is a perfect backdrop for your quilt pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this - and your feathers look beautiful on it!

    ReplyDelete